Job Listings at ASM Houston Chapter
This is a public job listing page provided as a courtesy to ASM members and the community. Jobs may be posted by members of ASM only. Any qualified candidate should apply as indicated in the individual listing below. Contact us for more information.
November 7, 2017
Sr Sales Engineer
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The purpose of the Sr. Sales Engineer is to expand TimkenSteel’s penetration and profitability in competitive markets within the customer base of direct responsibility through technical competence, excellent customer service and strong relationships.
- Coordinate all direct sales activities in a particular Sales region.
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships with accounts.
- Motivate customer’s technical and purchasing management to purchasing decisions favorable to TimkenSteel Corporation.
- Develop and coordinate cooperation among operating, technical, sales and management personnel to achieve objectives mutually beneficial to the customer and to the company.
- Prepare accurate long and short range sales forecasts which are critical to proper production planning.
- Identify problems impeding favorable customer purchasing decisions and recommending possible solutions to those impediments.
- Assist Credit Department in collecting past due accounts.
- Resolve product claims up to $10,000.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of competitors and their capabilities.
- Identify growth opportunities and drive through Marketing and Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science with 3-6 years of experience with metallurgical engineering or related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Candidates with interest should email there resume to the attention of Kim Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org