Houston Chapter Mission Statement
The Houston Chapter of ASM International is in existence to provide service to local Society members and to the business community.
We are primarily a technical information exchange and dissemination organization. The social component provides for informal exchange and dissemination of ideas and information while fostering growth and friendships. The service that we provide the Society is an important link to the goal of our international and local organizations.
In service to our members, we strive to:
- Give our members and the local community high quality and high value educational opportunities that are not available at remotely comparable cost.
- Provide for technical meetings where useful information is presented.
- Make the Society meetings enjoyable and foster professional growth and friendships.
- Recognize those individuals and companies for providing services which are in tune with our Society goals.
- Promote materials awareness to industry and as a career option to students.
- Aid students in materials and related fields through scholarships and technical assistance.
- Ensure that we are providing the services required by our membership and local industry.