2023 Sporting Clays Tournament
ASM International - Houston Chapter
will host their third
Sporting Clays Tournament!
To benefit the Wayne Quantz Scholarship Fund
Saturday, December 2nd, 2023
About the Wayne Quantz Scholarship Fund
Wayne C. Quantz was one of our most cherished ASM Houston Chapter members. His service to ASM and the Houston community spanned nearly 40 years, with positions on the ASM Houston Executive Board, Materials Camp Committee, Chapter Counsel Chairman, and as the Chapter Chair in ’95-’96 and ’05-’06. The Wayne Quantz Memorial Fund was posthumously established in November 2009 in his remembrance and honor. Since Wayne believed so strongly in education and the value of lifelong learning, it was fitting to use this Memorial Fund as a way to provide scholarships to students pursuing an education in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, and similar metal-related fields.
- Location: American Shooting Centers, Houston, TX
- Check-in: 8:00 AM
- Shoot Begins: 9:00 AM
- Registration Opens: September 1st
- Awards for sponsors, HOA, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams
- Breakfast and lunch provided!
- Costs: Individual – $105 / 4 person team – $420
- 74 Target Main Event
- 10 stations, Single Cages, 4-Person Teams
- Mulligan tickets available for purchase (3 tickets maximum per person, 2 additional targets per ticket)
- Check the Team Boards posted in the Pavilion for proper course and starting stations. Note, some stations may have multiple teams; team orders are provided in this case.
Shotgun and Ammo Info
- Shotguns and ammo not provided. American Shooting Centers has shotguns available for rent (as available) and ammo available for purchase.
- Participants may bring their own shotgun and ammo.
- 12 or 20 gauge shotguns recommended. Break-action or semi-automatic actions recommended.
- Recommended shot sizes are #7, #7.5, or #8. High brass loads are not allowed.
- Awards given for HOA shooter and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. Lewis Class scoring will be used if more than 20 teams registered; if used, Class A and Class B top teams will be awarded.
- Tiebreaker rules for awards will be: 1) reverse long run (HOA) and combined reverse long run (Teams) and 2) best random station (HOA and Teams)
Golf Cart Reservations
Golf carts are not provided for the event, but are available on a first come, first served basis. They may be reserved by contacting American Shooting Centers at:
Or please call the ASC Pro Shop for reservations at 281-556-8199.