2020 Sporting Clays Tournament
ASM International - Houston Chapter
will host its first
Sporting Clays Tournament!
To benefit the Wayne Quantz Scholarship Fund
Saturday, December 5th, 2020
About the Wayne Quantz Scholarship Fund
Wayne C. Quantz was one of our most cherished ASM Houston Chapter members. His service to ASM and the Houston community spanned nearly 40 years, with positions on the ASM Houston Executive Board, Materials Camp Committee, Chapter Counsel Chairman, and as the Chapter Chair in ’95-’96 and ’05-’06. The Wayne Quantz Memorial Fund was posthumously established in November 2009 in his remembrance and honor. Since Wayne believed so strongly in education and the value of lifelong learning, it was fitting to use this Memorial Fund as a way to provide scholarships to students pursuing an education in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, and similar metal-related fields.
- Masks must be worn indoors according to the policies of American Shooting Centers, seen here: (www.americanshootingcenters.com)
- Masks are optional while outdoors and on the course
- Social distancing of 6 ft or more is encouraged at all times
- Location: American Shooting Centers, Houston, TX
- Check-in: 8:00 AM
- Shoot Begins: 9:00 AM
- Registration Opens: September 1st
- Awards for sponsors, HOA, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams
- Breakfast and lunch provided!
- Costs: Individual – $100 / 4 person team – $400
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about this event.
- 74 Target Main Event
- 10 stations, Single Cages, 4-Person Teams
- All participants must wear proper eye and ear protection while on the course. PPE will be available for use.
- Mulligan tickets available for purchase (3 tickets maximum per person, 2 additional targets per ticket).
- Awards given for HOA shooter and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams. Lewis Class scoring will be used if more than 20 teams registered; if used, Class A and Class B top teams will be awarded.
- Shotguns and ammo not provided. American Shooting Centers has shotguns available for rent (as available) and ammo available for purchase. Participants may bring their own shotgun and ammo.
- Recommended shot sizes are #7, #7.5, or #8. High brass loads are not allowed.
- Check the Team Boards posted in the Pavilion for proper course and starting stations. Note some stations may have multiple teams; team orders are provided in this case.