Job Listings at ASM Houston Chapter
This is a public job listing page provided as a courtesy to ASM members and the community. Jobs may be posted by members of ASM only. Any qualified candidate should apply as indicated in the individual listing below. Contact us for more information.
January 15, 2018
Chief Metallurgical Engineer
This position has responsibility for providing daily expert technical oversight and project management for the optimization of all mechanical engineering tests, material-selection recommendations, thermal treatment processes, and standard weld procedure specifications. Works to ensure metallurgical integrity of all engineering work and provides customer technical expertise and assistance in the resolution of problems associated with the manufacture of existing and new product and equipment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop metallurgical testing standards, technical instructions, and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in
alignment with industry standards and customer requirements.
● Provide technical specifications for thermal treatment and material selection including setting of general policy, determining of
proper procedures/work instructions, and training of associates and client representatives as needed.
● Provide guidance, recommendations and test specifications to staff related to mechanical and metallurgical analysis work and
establish appropriate support to optimize laboratory and testing processes.
● Work with clients to help resolve issues, which inhibit product flow as well as trouble shooting metallurgical challenges that affect
● Manage and interpret customer product metallurgical characteristics, and use sound engineering judgement to make decisions on
non-conformances and recommend corrective actions and deviation needs because of a non-conforming product not meeting either
customer or industry standards.
● Provide all metallurgical training needed for associates to understand and perform their job functions.
● Investigate new material testing, failure analysis and heat treat technology and equipment. This includes supporting the development
of financial justification and development of technical specifications for customer projects.
● Utilize own knowledge base to identify, develop, and carry out project ideas for overall improvement of quality, performance, and/or
● Act as trusted customer advisor and liaison with metallurgical resources and serve as an interface with customers at a technical level.
● Perform damage analysis & prepare reports with recommendations, solutions, and corrective actions.
● Schedule all product fatigue/wear-life testing as well as schedule metallurgical and/or mechanical failure testing with outside labs.
● Develop standard engineering welding procedures for SMAW, GTAW (TIG), GMAW (MIG), and FCAW welding processes consistent
with proven engineering practices (AWS) and approve all changes/deviations..
● Design procedures and conduct various material identification operations including but not limited to Positive Material Identification
(PMI), Grade Identification, Field Metallographic Replication, Microhardness (Vickers & Knoop) testing, Macrohardness (Rockwell &
Brinell) testing, and Metallographic Examination.
● Utilize photographic archival equipment conduct failure analysis utilizing advanced testing tools and procedures to perform tests and
analysis including fractography, X-Ray Mapping & Profiling, Chemical Analysis, Color Metallography, Macro & Micro Photography,
Corrosion Testing, and Diffusible Hydrogen Tests.
● Design testing procedures and supervise various mechanical testing operations including but not limited to compression, bond, charpy
impact, drop weight, hardness, tensile (yield, ultimate tensile and elongation).
● Develop and maintain a quality assurance program meets the requirements of the API Q2, ISO, ASTM, AWS, DNV, ASNT, as well as
military, federal specifications and others.
PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCES
Applicant must have a strong background in materials and metallurgical engineering and have been involved in the development, testing, and preparation of welding procedures for Code work. The applicant has to have a very good understanding of failure analysis techniques, thermal treatments, and metallurgical analysis. In addition, the applicant must have a good understanding of general manufacturing and processing.
Applications Accepted By
EMAIL: Nicole Emerson email@example.com
Subject Line: Partek Job Application
November 7, 2017
Sr Sales Engineer
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The purpose of the Sr. Sales Engineer is to expand TimkenSteel’s penetration and profitability in competitive markets within the customer base of direct responsibility through technical competence, excellent customer service and strong relationships.
- Coordinate all direct sales activities in a particular Sales region.
- Establish and maintain executive level relationships with accounts.
- Motivate customer’s technical and purchasing management to purchasing decisions favorable to TimkenSteel Corporation.
- Develop and coordinate cooperation among operating, technical, sales and management personnel to achieve objectives mutually beneficial to the customer and to the company.
- Prepare accurate long and short range sales forecasts which are critical to proper production planning.
- Identify problems impeding favorable customer purchasing decisions and recommending possible solutions to those impediments.
- Assist Credit Department in collecting past due accounts.
- Resolve product claims up to $10,000.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of competitors and their capabilities.
- Identify growth opportunities and drive through Marketing and Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science with 3-6 years of experience with metallurgical engineering or related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Candidates with interest should email there resume to the attention of Kim Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org