Call for Abstracts
Surface Engineering and Tribology Technologies
ASM International – Houston Chapter
Rice University, Houston, Texas
May 12, 2020
Surface modification technologies enable materials and components to be used in harsh environments and applications that require lubricity and wear resistance. The ASM Houston Chapter will host presentations that include (but are not limited to) the following areas of interest:
- Surface modification for corrosion and wear applications
- Characterization of surface morphologies
- Hard face coatings
- Weld overlays
- Nano coatings and platings
- Characterization of lubricants
- Measuring friction and wear characteristics
- Methods of characterizing surface roughness
- Effects of surface roughness on materials performance
Please submit abstracts by January 15, 2020.
Abstracts should be less than 500 words and be in MS Word or PDF format. Send abstracts to email@example.com.
Please contact ASM Houston Chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or details, and to submit abstracts and presentations for consideration. Presentation for distribution may be edited exclude proprietary information or to include additional content which was not part of the oral presentation.