Call for Abstracts
WELDING, JOINING AND RELATED PROCESSES IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY: CURRENT TRENDS & FUTURE PROSPECTS
ASM International – Houston Chapter
Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria
1750 West Loop South
Houston, Texas 77027
May 15, 2018
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words and should be accompanied by a brief biography of the presenter(s). Abstracts should be sent in MS Word or PDF to
Abstracts are requested by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Speakers are invited to participate in the full seminar at no expense.
Traditional welding & joining processes have evolved over the last few decades to address the functional specific needs of Oil & Gas industry. Increasing challenges resulting from applications in deep water, more aggressive environments, the need for cost competitiveness and more complex designs have driven the development of new technologies and processes. The seminar will cover the future direction of joining technology covering newer joining processes, materials as well as NDE practices that are evolving to address the ongoing challenges in the ever so changing Oil & Gas industry.
Subjects may include but are not limited to:
- Welds for aggressive environments
- Novel thermal spray or metal deposition techniques
- Thermoplastic and Thermosetting Plastic Pipe Joining
- Qualification of Welds for Challenging Environments
- Novel Welding Techniques
- Novel Non-Destructive Testing Techniques
- Welds for High Temperature/High Pressure Service
- Failure Investigations of Welded Components